If there’s one summer staple that transitions seamlessly to fall, it’s denim. While sunnier months call for Daisy Dukes and lighter washes, autumn introduces a whole new jean journey: the classic jacket, the chambray shirt, and denim pants in any crop or comfort. Here are four ways you can dress up your denim, no matter how you’re rocking the indigo this season.
Meet Meg: The New England native turned San Francisco-based jewelry designer known for her wear-with-everything teardrop bangles. From earthy labradorite to pink amethyst, Meg seeks to inject a personalized pop of color into every Margaret Elizabeth accessory, without sacrificing her commitment to classically versatile design. Check out our exclusive interview with Meg, so you can get a hint of what’s to come from Margaret Elizabeth this fall. Hint: It’s big and bold!
From tropical excursions to boardroom banter, scorching temps to chilly sweater weather, September is the month of transition from summer to fall. With all the drastic change this season brings, why fuss with swapping your jewelry for every occasion? Check out how this one RocksBox set can take you from work to weekend without a single accessory alteration.
September is a bittersweet month. We wave goodbye to summer Fridays and any excuse to host a backyard barbecue, yet embrace a new season equipped with a fresh fashion perspective. To help ease into autumn accessorizing, our stylists have selected three brand new must-haves that will have you over summer in no time and totally energized for fall.
1. The Ziggy Cuff by Vanessa Mooney
Chunky knits, cozy denim, and slippery rain boots: September is all about playing with texture. This cuff is a surefire way to add extra dimension to your seasonal stack with its textured double band and antique-inspired accents.
2. The Lexington Pyramid Necklace by Jules Smith
As cooler temperatures kick in, don’t let autumn layering outshine your fabulous taste in jewelry. This bold pendant stands out no matter how unpredictable September weather (and in turn, your outfit choice) can be.
3. The Isla Ring and Midi Set by Gorjana
In the spirit of a new season, dare to try something new. Haven’t rocked a midi ring yet? This is the perfect set to get you started. Wear the full ring on your index or ring finger, and the midi on the top-half of your middle finger.
From childhood roots in the former Yugoslavia to knitting sweaters for Barbie in breezy California, it’s no surprise that Gorjana has established a brand that celebrates themes of contrast, unexpected mixing, and limitless layering - of necklaces, bracelets, and rings, that is. But which made-to-layer bauble is Gorjana’s go-to (hint: it changes all the time), and what mixed metal creations can you expect in your RocksBox this fall? Check out our exclusive sit-down with the layering lady herself to find out.
Here at RocksBox, we’re all about mixing metals, but it’s taken some time (decades even) for gold-meets-silver to go from faux pas to fashion-forward. Ready to take it to the next level? Introducing rose gold: The blush-colored shade of the metallic rainbow you’ll want to start introducing to all of your summer stacks for an extra pink glow. Here are three quick and easy tips so your rosy combinations turn out flawless every time.
1. August is the month for vacation, and all the more reason to swoon over these simple, sweet Gorjana studs. With all that end-of-summer backpacking, road tripping, and beachside lounging, you’ll be thankful for this go-with-everything accessory.
2. There’s nothing more resort-ready than this bib necklace by Wanderlust + Co, a brand new addition to the RocksBox designer roster. We’re just excited to get this edgy statement piece in your next box!
3. Find yourself sporting that House of Harlow “Sunburst” bangle all season? Well, this is it’s glam stacking sister. Wear it exclusively or consider it just another sparkly addition to your go-to summer stack.
4. This month, we’re all about stepping up our ring game. So, let Wanderlust + Co add some edge to your digits with this geometric design we’re obsessed with. Go totally gold or mix it with your silver stackables. Either way, you’ll be drawing eyes to your fresh-from-the-spa manicure.
Fashion blogger, clothing designer, busy mom, loving wife, and avid runner: Leanne Barlow proves you can do it all - without missing a stylish beat. Between fabric hunting in LA and caring for two little ones, Leanne manages a look that effortlessly fuses West Coast cool with classic sophistication - and we’re obsessed.
Leanne keeps her accessory game clean and simple with Gorjana’s Paso ring, adding subtle interest to a bright and summery ensemble. See how she completes the look by checking out one of our favorite #OOTDs here.
Do you find yourself stacking more bangles than your arm can carry? If so, you’re probably more “boho” than “modern” - and that’s okay! But, there’s a fine line between boho-chic and throwing back to 60s hippiedom. With these five accessories, you’ll never cross that line again.