Where can you find Amanda, RocksBox’s very own senior stylist, when she’s not swapping studs for statement earrings or perusing designer collections for that next must-have? Here, at Jane on Fillmore sipping a latte with friends in her charming San Francisco neighborhood of Pacific Heights. Here are ten more fun facts you didn’t already know about your sparkle-savvy stylist.
1. What three things are you obsessed with right now?
DIY projects (I just refurbished a dresser for my apartment!), Sam Smith, and leopard print accessories.
2. Who is your style muse?
Jackie Kennedy Onassis.
3. What’s your go-to accessory?
I wear Gorjana’s Taner Shimmer necklace everyday. It goes with everything and has just a hint of sparkle.
4. What are you reading right now?
I just finished The Goldfinch last weekend and highly recommend it.
5. Tips for transitioning jewelry from day to night?
Swapping your earrings can instantly flip any look. For day, I’ll usually wear a pair of studs and replace them with a dangly earring for night. And why not add a few bangles to my stack while I’m at it?
6. How does your jewelry evolve from work to weekend?
During the work week, I opt for more delicate pieces. Come the weekend, it’s fun to show off a statement necklace or bold cuff to add some unexpected edge to my outfit.
7. What are your three fall wardrobe staples?
Booties (heeled or flat), cashmere sweaters, and a quality leather jacket.
8. Jewelry trend you’re loving?
Pearls and spikes. I love the mix of classic and edgy.
9. How do you switch up your jewelry from summer to fall?
One super easy way is to play with color. For fall, I’ll replace summer’s neons and pastels with darker, jewel-toned hues - like emerald!
10. Favorite fall weekend activity?
I love to spend weekend mornings with friends over brunch, followed by a sunny day hike (which I’m coincidentally doing right after this!).